Monday, March 14, 2011

Saint Paddy's Day in D.C.

Since i was 18 i've been driving from CT to VA atleast twice a year to visit family. Its always been my desire to stop in D.C., but as of yet i haven't actually done it. Now that I'm resideing in Norfolk temporarily, I decided my time is now. I wanted to partake in the Cherry Blssom Festival in April there, but i just can't wait. So, Wednesday I will be driving up old route 64 through Richmond and Fredricksberg til I reach my destination. My husband, my daughter and I will be hopping in the old mini-van and heading North for St. Patricks day (which also is my husband's birthday)!! SO, what to do?...well, I'll only be there for 24 hours so I'm gonna have to make it count. We've already chosen a premier skate shop to visit for the Coma Skateboard Company, and I decided that the Museum of American History would be the most fun. American pop-culture at its finest, or most memorable, or something like that anyway. Mostly, I am excited about the hotel we will be staying at. Sure its like 5 times the amount I normally spend per night on my hotel budget, but what the hay! I'm worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment