Saturday, March 19, 2011

driving your girlfriend home



Driving home from D.C. was exhilarating. Not only was it an astonishing 84 degrees outside, but I also had my new phone equipped with Slacker Radio to listen to. I was reminded of a time when road trips were filled to the brim with excitement, when hearing a song could send you straight back to a special moment in time, when turning the radio up as load as it could go and singing along even loader was expected. Being captivated in a moment is something I haven't allowed myself to do for a while until yesterday. the great thing about the ride home is remembering all the marvelous things that occurred while you were away, for instance visiting the Palace 5ive skate shop. Waiting in line to get into a skate shop was definitely a first for me, and I wasn't even sure what I was waiting for, being the curious entity that I am I had to know. The Donavon hotel where we stayed was coincidentally just a few blocks up 14th St. from the skate shop. So after we retrieved the vehicle from valet, we skedaddled up past avenue U and saw the crowd waiting outside. Turns out the nice fellows who run Palace 5ive were have a sneaker and T shirt release party. Apparently their gear is in so much demand they have a line around the block and only allow one item per customer. Pretty freakin' rad if you ask me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment