Thursday, March 10, 2011

countdown to spring

10 more days 'til Spring! So far comaskateboards has already signed up for some very lovely events in which to participate here in Hampton Roads! At my daughter's school there will be the Seagull Sprint Art Show. Coma Skateboards Will be donating a free complete youth sized skate deck and have many fun prizes and activities for the little ones. Then there is the Cherry Blossom festival (not the one in D.C.). Even though I had to sneak in that one by saying I do Japanese woodblock printing, I'm still gonna represent coma and paint some fabulous longboards in the traditional Japanese style which cooincidentally is also my favorite style to tattoo in so it should be easy to just go through my old sketchbooks for inspration. Lastly there is the Sk8 Bash at Mount Trashmore in October which is kinda far off, but hopefullly worth the wait.

Although its raining cats and dogs here in Norfolk today, spring is almost in the air. Tiny little buds are forming on the tree branches. I have to format my t-shirt logo and drop that off at the printshop, then patiently wait for my new (certified pre-owned) Droid phone to arrive. Good Times!

No comments:

Post a Comment